Charter and Delivery Captain Liability Insurance
Often a Skipper will have an opportunity to work a passage or relieve a buddy for a charter and needs insurance coverage before assuming command or taking the helm.
Skippers Choice® Marine Liability can be customized to cover….
- Your Liability as a delivery skipper or crew, or a captain who drives more than one vessel
- You, when the owner requires you to have insurance for a passage, a delivery or charter use
- You, when you act as a captain for clients who bareboat charter but want a captain to operate the boat while they enjoy themselves
- You, if the owner’s insurance does not cover you are the operator or in command.
- Additional insurance coverage if the boat has low limits of liability insurance coverage or a judgement against you exceeds the owner’s coverage
- Your legal fees related to a Liability claim against you
Some scenarios where Skippers Choice protects you 24/7.
- You deliver boats for one or more boatbuilders.
- You are a boat broker and operate boats for Buyers or Sellers or Dealers.
- A bareboat company needs a captain to drive a rental boat.
- You are a captain for a ferryboat or water taxi.
- You do not have the money to pay for a lawyer if you are sued.
- You need coverage for trips outside of the USA.
- You operate a Commercial Passenger boat or a Tourist Submarine. Skippers Choice is designed to cover you if there is an accident or you are dragged into a lawsuit.
- You are retired and want to make some money part-time doing charters or deliveries.
The list is endless and the examples above are just a few or the operations we insure.
DISCLOSURE: The information above is for illustrative purposes only and does not replace any terms, conditions, limitation or restrictions of any insurance policy.